Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day



Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day.  A lot of my friends went to Ireland to celebrate it, but, I couldn't go because I had a test that day (see previous post).  I guess my test could have been on Wednesday, which would have been really unfortunate. 

 After my exam I went home and made dinner.  [aside:  I made Scottish Eggs for dinner.  It is a hardboiled egg, wrapped in sausage meat and then cooked.  It looked like a giant meatball.  It was really good].  I made plans with lots of people and it was tough to get everyone on the same page.  I wanted to go asap so I finally decided on leaving with just Evelyn, a girl I know from Introduction Week. 

Evelyn and I waiting for the bus.  She's really pretty.

 I had done my homework and made a map of all the Irish bars in the area.  From that map, I decided where the best area would be to go.  It worked out nicely.  There was a great group of bars near the train station (the triangle on the map), so we stayed in that area the whole time.  Here is the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=115502857181940191930.0004653b6a6895b3044dd&t=h&z=15

The bars were a great scene.  There were a ton of people out and everyone was dressed up.  I guess the city had a bunch of events earlier in the day, but, I couldn’t go.  The Danes do not celebrate the holiday.  Some didn’t even know what it was.  As a result, the bars were packed with a lot of international students.  It was really fun.

The Irish Rover, 2nd floor.

The drinks were soooo expensive.  I was hoping for some specials, like cheap drinks, but, that was not the case.  Every beer was about 9USD.  Unbelievable.  I spent too much money, but, it is a special day.  I will take it easy this weekend to compensate.

I stayed out late with a group I met up with at one of the bars.  We had a lot of fun.

This weekend, TDC!  More to come about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment