Monday, November 7, 2011

Fishing

Pumpkin Pie

Going fishing today.  I'll post pictures.

Yesterday, I did some cooking.  I was anxious to start cooking again because I haven't been able to for the past 2 months, living in a hotel.  I went out and bought ingredients to make Emeril's She Crab Soup and The Nourishing Gourmet's Pumpkin Streusel Pie.  I've made the She Crab Soup once before, with my girlfriend.  It turned out amazingly.  Today, without the oversight of my girlfriend, it didn't come out as perfect.  It was still well received but I know it wasn't as good as the first time.

The pie I made was delicious; to me.  I thought it hit the spot and my parents each said it was good (but they didn't get seconds like me).  They described it as "earthy" and I think that is a fair assessment.  I used about a half cup of honey for the entire pie so it wasn't sweet at all.  I was also pleased how it held together and looked like a classic pie.

Recipes here:
http://www.emerils.com/recipe/2284/She-Crab-Soup
http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2011/11/pumpkin-streusel-pie-grain-and-dairy-free.html


When I went out last night, I met up with my two best friends from high school, Matt and Louis.  Both of them are in masters programs at their schools.  Of course, we did some reminiscing.  I was surprised at the different memories we had.  I had completely forgotten about some things and was happy to be reminded of them.  Likewise, I chipped in some memoriesof my own that they had forgotten about.  We laughed a lot.

This is also why I'm keeping this blog.  So that I don't forget these little memories that were so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment