Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Orientation Day 1




Today was the first day of Orientation.  The day began at 9am.  I got up at 8 and showered.  I have a good shower.  I proceeded to orientation where we were divided into groups.  In total, there are 170 international students, 28 of which are from RPI.  In my group of 15, there are no other RPI kids.  Instead, we have a few kids from France, Germany, Lithuania, Brazil and Spain.  Pretty cool.  
The day consisted of a tour of campus and team building activities.  It was very fun and I got to know my teammates very well.  I feel smarter than everyone (although I know that is not the case) because we are all speaking in English and they are constantly asking me how to say things.  I don't mind at all.  




Everything involves beer.  Most of our activities do and the nights always end at a bar.  It is very different to see people in the library reading while drinking beer.
So far, it seems like DTU is a very rich campus.  The buildings are HUGE and gorgeous.  The entire campus gives me a sense of "big money."  

No comments:

Post a Comment