Monday, May 18, 2009

Dinner

Today was a special day.  I finally did something I've wanted to do for a while.  I made myself pig heart for dinner.  

I followed a recipe online.  I braised it for 3 hrs in beef broth and onions.  Near the end I added carrots, then tomatoes.  It turned out really good and I ate the entire thing.  The appearance and texture were different than that of a steak, but, the flavor was good.  I let a few of my Danish friends try it as well and they thought it was good as well.  

I will definitely make it again.  Not only is it higher in protein than regular steaks but it also offers a host of nutrients and amino acids.  It is also super cheap because most people probably can't deal with the "ick" factor.  I think I'm going to walk back to Super Best and stock up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment