Wednesday, March 18, 2009

School Work

School is going pretty well.  I had a test last week in Planetary Physics and that wasn't too bad.  I got an 86%.  I'll take it.  

I took a test yesterday (St. Patty's Day) in my most difficult class, Design of Integrated Circuits.  It is a masters level class.  For the test, I began studying on Sunday and it consumed me.  I studied probably about 20 hrs in 3 days for that test.  That was partly my fault.  I hadn't done much work in that class so I had some catching up to do.

The test was only an hour, all multiple choice, no aids allowed; not even a calculator.  And there was lots of math.  It was a tough test because the questions could come from anywhere in over 300 pages of our textbook.  We had to know equations and tables.  There was lots of information.

Also, the test is graded like the SAT's where wrong answers are negative points.  The answers were realesed after the exam and I think I got 10.5/20.  That is not great, but, I don't think others could have done much better.  I'm not entirely sure how it will be curved.  I'm satisfied with that grade.  That was a tough test.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment